Front End Developer – Data Visualization (California)
Column Five is looking for an exceptional front end developer who has experience working on interactive data visualization, user interface and creative interactive products. You will be joining a team of 4 highly competent and committed developers on our interactive team based in Irvine, CA. You will be expected to lead, inspire and bring your critical thinking skills to collaborate with Designers to build amazing work that delights our clients.
- Develop interactive, responsive web-based UI for data visualization, analysis and mapping
- Stay on top of new front-end technologies and help drive innovation to solve UX and design problems
- Look at a challenge and conceptually grasp technical requirements, develop innovative interactions and UX flows
- Work with backend engineers to build appropriate web services to support the frontend
- Test UI’s across multiple browsers and platforms
- Use clean, organized, sensible coding practices; use logical naming conventions because you never know who needs to understand your code the next day
- Experience with MV* frameworks like Backbone, Angular, Ember, Knockout or similar
- Experience with modern front end tools such as NPM, Grunt, Bower, and Gulp
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, or similar CSS frameworks
- Version control experience, Git or similar
- Data visualization experience using D3.js, SVG, Canvas, etc.
- Experience with responsive design, proficient in AI/PS
- Knowledge of browser capabilities and limitations + site performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Love of design
- Experience with UX design, wireframe design, usability testing, accessibility
- Experience with CSS pre-preprocessors like Less or Sass
- Experience building web services using Node, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- RESTful API design & development
- Mobile application development or strong interest
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Development
How to Apply
Please apply with a pdf of your resume and cover letter and link to your online work (link examples of your work or Github page). No phone calls or recruiters, please. EOE.