Column Five is looking for an Art Director who knows how to effectively conceptualize, design, and present ideas to clients and project teams. Our Art Directors refine and elevate the ideas of our designers, who tackle a wide range of project types from content marketing campaigns to motion graphics. They work closely and collaboratively with Producers, Developers, and our Client Services team to tell the most compelling stories for our clients.
The Art Director role may include:
- Providing ongoing design and creative direction for a wide variety of projects, including internal feedback/critiques, designer mentorship, and critical saves on projects
- Assisting in or designing various stages of project development, as well as occasionally fully designing own projects through completion
- Leading client conversations on design thinking and execution
- Sharing active and thoughtful participation in project brainstorms; participating in pitches and ideation opportunities with Client Services
- Ability to synthesize complex, abstract, and disorganized information into compelling creative concepts or narratives with a strong understanding of visual storytelling
- High attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills and experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; understanding of After Effects and UX/UI a plus
- Confidence presenting ideas to colleagues and clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Education in graphic design (or a related field)
- 2 years experience as an Art Director on a wide range of projects and multi-disciplinary teams
- Other details: work 40 hours weekly, able to travel to visit the C5 team in person and for client meetings (Costa Mesa, LA, SF, Seattle, Brooklyn). Work within a distributed team.
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie, and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays (or other fizzy drinks), salad Wednesdays, and fun team events
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: Our office location in Costa Mesa, CA. We have a flexible ‘work from wherever’ policy, although this role will be primarily based in our Costa Mesa headquarters.
How to Apply: Please provide a resume, cover letter and portfolio link. No phone calls, please. EOE.