At Column Five, producers wear many hats: they are creatives; they are journalists and creative writers; they are liaisons to a dedicated list of clients; they have good senses of humor; they are technologically adept and maybe even code a little, they are self-motivated, and generally excited about life. For our next producer hire, we want to know if you have solid experience within client service and experience working on web sites and interactive projects. Tell us about that in your cover letter.
Things we look for in a producer
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Journalistic integrity and ability
- Attention to detail
- The ability to solve problems with creative solutions
- Clear communication and adaptable communication style (with art directors, designers, clients, developers, and more)
- A love for data, and comfort with math, calculations, and analysis
- A passion for creating things online
- An eye for design
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and meet all deadlines
- Experience managing multiple clients/projects at once
- Experience: 2-3 years of journalism, marketing or creative project management experience
- Experience creating and managing an editorial calendar or schedules for multiple creative projects at once
- A background (academic and/or professional) in data analysis
- Solid understanding of web technologies and interactive/web project management
- Degree: BA in Journalism, English, Editing, Communication, Political Science, or a related field
About Column Five
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays, salad Wednesdays, ping-pong games, free parking and fun team events.
If you’re interested, embody all—not some—of the things we look for in producers, and meet the minimum requirements, we’d like to hear from you. When contacting us, please think of a way to stand out and impress. Chances are, if we like you, and we like you and your work, then we’ll want to work with you.
On-site, in our office in Irvine, CA or Brooklyn, NY
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and resume with your application in PDF format. Please reference what we are looking for in our next producer hire within your cover letter. EOE. No phone calls, please.