Content Marketing Strategist
Column Five is seeking a full time Content Marketing Strategist to join our team. Strategists form an important function in the acquisition and retention of the accounts that can produce the most engaging and meaningful work at the agency. Responsible for translating clients’ business and marketing goals into long-term action plans, strategists bridge new business efforts with creative execution, and have the ability to make a great impact on the financial and creative success of the company. They mastermind account and campaign strategies, ensure strategic alignment during creative execution, and drive proactive recommendations based on ongoing tests, insights and in-market content performance learnings.
The responsibilities of a Strategist can include any combination of the following:
- Create brand and content strategies as part of paid strategy engagements, working to balance client goals with agency priorities;
- Lead the team to pitch and develop messaging/communication platforms;
- Provide strategy support to ongoing strategy-led engagements or accounts to ensure continuity between strategy and execution;
- Help win new business, especially by adding strategic thinking to new business opportunities. This may also include driving creative recommendations (often as part of an RFP process), devising and articulating brand and content strategies, defining distribution approaches, joining presale meetings with prospective clients, briefing internal teams;
- Oversee media planning and execution/reporting of media plans to distribute the agency’s content effectively.
We are looking for an individual who has experience building a content strategy from the ground up, who is familiar with common distribution tools and methodologies, the latest social media strategies, and who can research and write their tail off.
- 2-5 years of content marketing strategy experience, preferably in an in-house brand or agency setting
- Deep understanding of marketing mix and customer journey
- Demonstrated understanding of content distribution strategies across various channels and platforms
- Ability to execute with a high level of creativity and innovative ideas
- Experience working on campaigns that include different types and formats of creative content like short and long form editorial to videos, webinars, podcasts, events and social
- Exceptional time management skills, managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Data-driven mindset and understanding of how to measure the performance of various types of content marketing programs
- Hypothesis-driven approach to growth and marketing
- Excellent writing, copywriting, editing, and communication skills
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie, and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, education funds, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays, salad Wednesdays, ping-pong games, and fun team events.
Commensurate with experience
On-site in our office in Costa Mesa, CA
How to Apply
Please apply with a pdf of your resume and cover letter. No phone calls or recruiters, please. EOE