We’re looking for a special designer person to join our team in Brooklyn. If you eat, sleep and breathe creative, are a dynamic thinker and thrive while working independently and as part of a talented team — we’d love to chat.
At Column Five, our designers are many things: they are hyper-creative visual artists; they are lovers of beautiful information design; they have good senses of humor; they are technologically savvy, self-motivated and generally excited about life. Many also have great hair.
Day-to-day, they work with our Producers, Art Directors, Developers and fellow designers to produce results-driven creative. It’s good.
- Concepting original design treatments
- Designing graphics, from sketch to final deliverable
- Making edits to others’ work
- Collaborating with other team members to produce the best work possible
- Offering input and feedback throughout design rounds
- Enjoying a nice beer on Fridays
- The ability to work independently and solve problems
- Ability to concept and execute innovative approaches to projects
- An eye for detail
- Strong typographic skills
- Very strong digital layout skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work hard under deadline.
- Solid understanding of the major design applications; Must have advanced skills and experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD or Sketch. Proficient in InDesign and Photoshop.
- Additional skills in illustration, iconography or photography preferred
- Education in graphic design (or a related field)
- 2 to 6 years of experience working in a design studio or related professional design position is preferred
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with camaraderie and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We have each other’s backs. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays (or other fizzy drinks), salad Wednesdays and fun team events.
Commensurate with experience
On-site in our Dumbo Brooklyn, NY office
How to Apply
Please provide a resume, cover letter in PDF format and portfolio link. No phone calls, please. Column Five is an Equal Opportunity Employer.