Digital Media Manager
Column Five is a group of talented people dedicated to discovering and telling brands’ best stories. Our teams get the opportunity to dream up, develop and distribute high-impact creative work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
We’re looking for a Digital Media Manager to manage our digital distribution efforts, making sure the stories we craft are seen and heard by the right audiences. This person should have their finger on the pulse of online media—especially paid campaigns on social platforms—and be passionate about promoting the work we produce. To be considered, candidates will need to be analytical and strategic thinkers, articulate communicators, enthusiastic about developing relationships with clients as well as external contractors, and excited about content marketing and visual communication. We are only accepting résumés from those who believe in the possibility of genuinely loving one’s job.
Day to day, you will be responsible for driving or supporting all company media and PR efforts. This includes:
- Designing media plans to support strategic proposals and our larger accounts’ editorial calendars, aligned with core client business objectives
- Managing paid media platforms, including social and search
- Driving influencer campaigns from contract through execution
- Contributing to the creative process, especially in ideation and translating messaging goals to publish-ready copy
- Designing and executing nimble tests to gauge resonance with our audiences and inform strategy/campaigns/creative
- Actively monitoring campaigns and data feedback, recommending tweaks to planning based on observations
- Compiling results into comprehensive reports aligned with campaign goals, presenting insights to internal teams and clients, and analyzing results to extract clear learnings and next steps
- Contributing innovative insight and ideas for client marketing campaigns and content overall
- Supporting Column Five agency marketing practices with distribution and social account approaches and management
- Must have at least 2 full-time years of prior digital media distribution experience, at minimum on Facebook and Linkedin
- Curiosity about digging deep with our team to define strategy and convert abstract, ambiguous challenges into plans of action
- Strong working knowledge of the current and emerging digital media environment, as well as the ability to identify and capitalize on trends in the news cycle
- Comfort experimenting with engagement tactics and formulating unique stories from data
- Ability to deliver results in a set timeline
- Ability to collaborate with and facilitate communication among multiple points of contact
- Eagerness to contribute to and grow with the company
- Ability to achieve client objectives, measure results, create lasting relationships, and experiment on the job
Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO)
Our company culture is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie, and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays, salad Wednesdays, and fun team events.
If you’re interested, embody all—not some—of the things we look for in this role, and meet the minimum requirements, we’d like to hear from you. When contacting us, please think of a way to stand out and impress. Chances are, if we like you, and we like you and your work, then we’ll want to work with you.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and resume with your application in PDF format. Please reference what we are looking for in this hire within your cover letter. No phone calls, please. EOE.