Junior Art Director
Column Five is looking for an Junior Art Director or Senior Designer who knows how to effectively conceptualize, design, and present ideas to our clients. Our Art Directors and Designers refine and elevate the ideas of our designers, who tackle a wide range of project types from content marketing campaigns to motion graphics. They work closely and collaboratively with Producers, Developers, and our Client Services team to tell the most compelling stories for our clients.
The Junior Art Director role may include:
- Providing ongoing design and creative direction for a wide variety of projects, including internal feedback/critiques, designer mentorship, and critical saves on projects
- Assisting in or designing various stages of project development, as well as occasionally fully designing own projects through completion
- Leading client conversations on design thinking and execution
- Sharing active and thoughtful participation in project brainstorms; participating in pitches and ideation opportunities with Client Services
- Providing insight regarding capacity and scoping for collective Design department and projects
- Assisting in recruitment for open roles in Design department
- Enjoying a nice beer (or other beverage) on Fridays
- Ability to synthesize complex, abstract, and disorganized information into compelling creative concepts or narratives with a strong understanding of visual storytelling
- High attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills and experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; understanding of After Effects and UX/UI a plus
- Confidence presenting ideas to colleagues and clients
- Education in graphic design (or a related field)
- 1 to 3 years experience as an Art Director or Design Lead on a wide range of projects and multi-disciplinary teams
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie, and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, Ping-Pong, beer Fridays (or other fizzy drinks), salad Wednesdays, and fun team events
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: On-site in our office in Irvine, CA or Brooklyn, NY
How to Apply: Please provide a resume, cover letter in PDF format, and portfolio link. No phone calls, please.