At Column Five, web designers are many things: they are hyper-creative visual people; they are lovers of beautiful information design; they have good senses of humor; they are technologically adept, self-motivated and generally curious.
Day-to-day, they work with our Producers, Art Directors, Developers and fellow Designers to produce results-driven creative. This includes:
- Working autonomously and solving problems
- Designing and planning out content, from sketch to final deliverable
- Making edits to others’ work
- Concepting original design treatments
- Creating various collateral, both for our clients and for our company
- Collaborating with other team members to produce the best design possible
- Offering and receiving feedback throughout design and project planning phases
- Strong understanding of user experience that can be applied to wireframing, interface design and prototyping
- Strong typography and iconography skills
- Very strong digital or interactive layout skills
- Awareness of how front end web developers work and languages used (do not need to know how to code)
- Proficient with the core Adobe Suite apps: Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
- Proficiency with either Sketch or Adobe XD (Adobe XD preferred)
- Education in graphic design (or a related field)
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working in a design studio or related professional design position
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, individual education funds, beer Fridays (or other fizzy drinks), salad Wednesdays and fun team events.
Commensurate with experience
Full time on-site in our Costa Mesa, CA office