Last Updated: September 17, 2020
- Personal Information Collection And Use
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Cookies And Online Tracking
- Retention Of Personal Information
- Security Of Personal Information
- Links To Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Subjects In The European Economic Area, United Kingdom And Switzerland
- Contact Us
Column Five Media, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the websites at www.columnfivemedia.com, www.visage.co, www.postratio.com, and www.whenyouthinkofhome.com (hereinafter referred to collectively as the “Services”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information (defined below) when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or their household. For example, if “Usage Data” or “Cookies” (defined below) are collected and maintained in a manner such that they can reasonably be linked to a particular individual or their household, they are Personal Information.
Cookies include (i) traditional browser cookies, which are small files that a website or other online service stores on your device (computer or mobile device), and (ii) pixels, web beacons, scripts and other tracking technologies that enable the website operator or a third party to access data or read and place browser cookies on your device.
Data Processor (or Service Provider)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means the entity who processes Personal Information on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Information.
3. Personal Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of Personal Information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with your contact information or other personal identifiers. This information includes, but may not be limited to:
• Email address or username
• First name and last name
We may use this information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also automatically collect online identifiers, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), Cookie ID, or unique device identifier when you visit the Service. Click here to learn more about Cookies and see how Cookies are used on our Services.
We may also collect Usage Data – information about how you access and use the Service. This Usage Data may include information such as your browser type, browser version, device operating system, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, other diagnostic data, and any other information you choose to provide through the Service.
We may collect payment card information if you purchase something on a Service’s online store.
We may collect information about products or services you have purchased, obtained or considered.
Use of Personal Information
Column Five Media, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Services
• To notify you about changes to our Services
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
• To monitor the usage of our Services
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues or unauthorized use of the Services
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may employ Service Providers to facilitate our Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. For example, Service Providers may process payments, store data, or send marketing communications on our behalf. Where necessary and appropriate, our Service Providers are restricted to using your Personal Information only as needed to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics, Social Media and Advertising Partners
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Column Five Media, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Column Five Media, Inc. may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Column Five Media, Inc.
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
5. Cookies And Online Tracking
What Are Cookies?
A typical Cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores in your device’s browser. It holds information that the site uses to function properly, remember your preferences, or personalize your experience. A Cookie may contain a Cookie ID, which is a unique string of characters used to identify your browser during the browsing session, or in some cases, during subsequent browsing sessions. Cookies, Cookie ID’s and similar pieces of data may be considered Personal Information in some contexts.
Some Cookies are “Session Cookies,” which expire when you leave a site or close your browser. Other Cookies are “Persistent Cookies,” meaning they stay on your device for a longer period and across multiple browsing sessions.
Some Cookies are placed by the web domain you are visiting (“First Party Cookies”). Other Cookies may be placed by a web domain other than the one you are visiting (“Third Party Cookies”). For example, if a website incorporates social media features, the site may use Third Party Cookies placed by the social media platform. Some Third Party Cookies may be used to track your activity across different websites for advertising purposes.
Our Service uses the following types of Cookies, which include both First Party Cookies (placed by our web domain) and Third Party Cookies (placed by a third party web domain):
• Essential (Necessary) Cookies: These Cookies are necessary to secure our Service and make it function correctly.
• Preference Cookies: These Cookies remember your preferences and various settings.
• Analytics Cookies: Analytics Cookies allow us to analyze use of our website to evaluate and improve performance.
• Marketing Cookies: These Cookies are used to support personalized advertising, and some may track activity across different websites and online services.
Some Cookies, including Third Party Cookies, and related business tools used on our Services are provided by our Service Providers or analytics, social media and advertising partners, which include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Google www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
• LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
• Twitter https://twitter.com/en/privacy
• Vimeo https://vimeo.com/privacy
• Shopify https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy/customers
How To Limit Cookies
You can block, disable or delete Cookies at any time by changing the settings in your browser. However, blocking, disabling, or deleting Cookies may limit your ability to view all the pages of our site or other sites.
• For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
• For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
• For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
• For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
• For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
“Do Not Track”
Your browser may offer a Do Not Track (DNT) setting. If you turn that setting on, your browser sends a signal to websites indicating that you don’t want to be tracked over time or across third party sites. We don’t currently respond to these signals because there is not yet a common understanding of how to process them or a consensus on what “tracking” means.
6. Retention Of Personal Information
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
7. Security Of Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Data Subjects In The European Economic Area, United Kingdom And Switzerland
Column Five Media, Inc. is a California corporation headquartered in Costa Mesa, California that does not have an office, employees or other establishment in the European Economic Area (EEA) or any other country outside the United States (collectively, with EEA member countries, the “Other Countries”). While some of our clients are organizations that may do business in Other Countries, our Services are not targeted to natural persons in Other Countries and are not intended to monitor the behavior of natural persons in Other Countries. If you visit our Service or contact us, your Personal Information will be processed in the United States—which has neither sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Commission as referenced in Article 25 of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)—and will be handled in accordance with this Policy and applicable U.S. law, unless we have agreed otherwise in writing with you or with a client, vendor or third party you are affiliated with.
12. Contact Us