There are many reasons to invest in your employer brand. But nurturing your brand takes dedication, time, and energy—and we know these things can be in short supply when you’re trying to handle all aspects of your brand and business. Luckily, the internet is full of helpful tools and resources that can make building a strong employer brand a lot easier, and we’ve done the work to find them for you.
50 Employer Brand Tools & Resources
Whether you need to attract the right talent, or improve engagement, or cultivate a stronger culture, here you’ll find some of the most helpful tips, tools, resources, and guides to help you do it. We’ve even categorized everything according to general tools, publications, recruitment, engagement/retention, content creation, and culture to help you find exactly what you need.
To build a better employer brand, you need to know the state of your current brand. These resources can help you get the perspective you need to make proactive changes.
- Brand Heart Workbook: Our free guide to help you identify your purpose, vision, mission, and values (aka your Brand Heart) so that you can build an employer brand that reflects it.
- EBnavi: An all-in-one platform to assess and improve your employer brand.
- How to Conduct an Employer Competitive Analysis: An exercise to help you understand how your competition is positioning itself, and how you can differentiate your own employer brand.
- How to Do an Employer Brand Audit: A handy guide to interview prospective, current, and former employees about how they perceive your employer brand.
- How to Map Your Employee Experience: A simple template to map your employee journey and design a better experience at each step.
An employer brand content strategy is one of the best ways to spotlight who you are, what you care about, and why people should want to join your company. Use these tools to create stellar content to share your employer brand story.
- Altru: Tools to make the most of employee storytelling.
- Culture Marketing 101: A guide to turn company culture into interesting employer branding content.
- Skill Scout: A tool to create better brand recruiting video.
- Visage: A design platform to help you create employer brand materials for every stage of the employee journey.
- Visual Identity Checklist: A guide to create a strong visual language for your employer brand.
Follow these industry resources for tips, examples, and employer brand inspiration.
- 7 Things You Need to Build a Strong Employer Brand: The key traits you need to create the brand you want.
- 41 Examples of Great Employer Branding: An inspiring roundup of excellent examples from the tech industry.
- Blu Ivy Group: A collection of employer branding trends, resources, articles, and research.
- Link Humans: Podcast, articles, and insights, as well as the Employer Brand Index to help improve your employer brand.
- Rally: An online community forum where the best ideas in recruitment marketing come together.
- Refound: Great resources on nurturing teams and leadership.
- Society for Human Resource Management: Helpful employer branding news, insights, and tips.
- The Muse: Great tips on all things employer branding.
Finding the right talent is always a challenge, and your relationship starts with your very first interaction. Improve your chances of hiring and retaining the best candidate with these handy resources can help with recruiting, interviewing, compensation, and more.
- Glassdoor: One of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites, which offers a variety of job listings and behind-the-scenes reviews of companies.
- How to Write an Employer Value Proposition: A guide to create a unique proposition that attracts the right kind of candidates.
- How to Write More Inclusive Job Descriptions: The Muse’s guide to creating better descriptions that speak to a more diverse group of people.
- Jazz HR: A customizable applicant tracking system that makes it easier to find the right talent.
- Jobvite: Robust hiring software to manage the hiring process end to end.
- Lessonly: A convenient way to train and share knowledge with team members.
- LinkedIn Talent Solutions: A way to find and engage the right candidates, build your brand, and make even smarter talent decisions with LinkedIn’s data and insights.
- The Ultimate Candidate Interview & Employee Onboarding Checklist: TalentLyft’s guide to create a smoother employee experience.
- Payscale: Tools, insights, and research on fair compensation.
- Process Street: A simple way to create process checklists for knowledge sharing and onboarding.
- Talmundo: A platform to modernize and simplify onboarding activities, with an emphasis on employee experience.
From surveys and pulse checks to goal-setting and job expectations, these tools and resources can help you keep employees engaged and productive.
- 15Five: Tools your managers need to keep their teams engaged and motivated from anywhere.
- Bamboo HR: An HR platform that automates operational tasks so HR professionals can focus on big-picture employer branding stuff instead.
- Culture Amp: An excellent tool to source employee feedback and turn insights into action.
- Energage: Surveys, pulse checks, and insights to get actionable feedback and measure employee engagement.
- Glint: A platform that gives you visibility into the health of your organization.
- Kazoo: Helps you create a more engaged workforce by making performance, recognition, and feedback a part of every day.
- Qualtrics EXM: A tool that gathers continuous feedback to improve engagement, talent planning, productivity, and innovation.
- Slid.io: A Q&A and polling platform for meetings, town halls, etc.
- Tools to Clarify Job Expectations: Insight into how a Contextual Expectations doc and Job Canvas can help define roles, clarify responsibilities, and guide conversations around promotions and pay raises.
- Ultimate Guide to Objectives & Key Results: A guide to use OKRs to improve productivity.
- WorkHuman: A peer-to-peer recognition platform to celebrate good work and deepen bonds.
Building a culture that reflects your company values is crucial to retain your employees. Find out how to nurture community and create a place of true belonging.
- 10 Ways to Build Bonds: Helpful ideas to bring your team together.
- Company Culture: In-depth tips on all things company culture by expert Barry Phegan, Ph.D.
- Culture Books: Management 3.0’s guide to creating engaging culture books.
- CultureFirst: Insights into the cultures of the best-performing organizations.
- CultureIQ: A platform to help you understand and manage your culture.
- Diversity & Inclusion Survey: Blu Ivy Group’s 18-questions survey to help organizations understand their strengths and opportunities.
- How to Build a Strong Company Culture: A guide to examine and boost the core pillars of your culture.
- How to Nudge Your Culture Toward Creativity: IDEO CEO Tim Brown’s tips for building creative community.
- NeuroLeadershp institute: Diversity & Inclusion training and tools to mitigate bias and improve employee experience, as well as research-based practices for remote or distributed teamwork.
- Psychological Safety Survey: Blue EQ’s survey to find out how safe your team feels, along with resources to cultivate psychological safety.
We hope you find this roundup helpful, and we’d love to hear about any tools that have helped you build your employer brand. (Just comment below.)
That said, we know that no matter how many tools and resources you have, your employer brand can’t be automated. It requires an intimate understanding of your employer brand vision, a strategy to communicate it, and the skills and knowledge to bring it to life. Thus, if you feel stuck or need help with any stage of the process, we’d be happy to navigate through any of these things. Just holler at us.